Sunday 15 June 2014

CHALLENGING DISILLUSION.


When I first decided to base my FMP on architecture I merely did this because I was good at drawing buildings not because I saw the art in designing a building. I thought I had discovered that it wasn't as interesting as other areas of Fine Art I could have explored. I began to feel quite disheartened by my choice but I then began to challenged myself to think differently. This compilation of photographs were created on the basis of challenging disillusion. What I mean by this is to give every building the justice its disserved. During my FMP I studied 'deselecting' and 'structure'. At the time I didn't quite understand my own work and responses, but by looking more deeply into what I was trying to understand came these photographs. These photographs are an extension to this idea and let me explain more clearly.

 I wanted to look at architecture in a more contemporary way and how building could be express through fine art. Rather than simply looking at architecture as a design or drawing I became more interested in the history of a building or lack of. (SEE PREVIOUS POSTS) . I think all buildings have their own character and by editing these photographs the way I have. I think gives the sense of humanising a building by giving it movement. By doing this I gave life to an animate object, by doing this gave me the ability to connect more with the brief . I wanted to give these simple photographs more conceptual meaning.  Each building holds its own timeline and by distorting the images the way I have I think gives the sense that they can move through time in more ways than one.

____________________________________________________________________________


 

No comments:

Post a Comment